We make acetaldehyde that is mainly used as an intermediate in the synthesis of other chemicals. It is a versatile chemical that is used in industries like agriculture, plastics, pharmaceutical and food and beverages. It is an important raw material for many of our products such as 1, 3 butylene glycol and Crotonaldehyde.
Packing: Tanker load, HDPE Drums
- Acetaldehyde is used in crop protection for making methomyl.
- In the agricultural industry, acetaldehyde is also used to make acetaldoxime which is used as an insecticide.
- Used in the manufacture of perfumes, flavours, aniline dyes, plastics, synthetic rubber, pesticides, silvering mirrors, hardening gelatin fibres and pharmaceuticals.
- Acetaldehyde is a key raw material in the production of a wide range of chemical products such as paint binders in alkyd paints and as a plasticizer for plastics.
- Because of its relatively low solvent retention, it only leads to a slight increase of the drying time of lacquer finishes.
- In the food and beverage industries, it is used as a preservative in fruits, in flavouring agents, manufacture of vinegar and yeast and is added to milk products, baked goods, fruit juices, candy, desserts, and soft drinks.
- It is also used an ingredient in aroma chemicals and flavouring in chewing gums, candy and beverages.
- Acetaldehyde is used in the production of construction materials, fire retardant paints and explosives.
- In the pharmaceutical industry acetaldehyde is used in the production of sedatives and tranquilizers.
CAS Number : 75-07-0
|Appearance||Clear Colourless Liquid|
|Assay (%)||Min 99.00|
|Acidity Acid (%)||Max 0.10|
|Moisture (%)||Max 0.30|
|Ethanol (%)||Max 0.100|